A happy day for the Swiss parks: 8 parks got the label “Parks of national importance” by the Swiss federation.
In December 2007, the legal basis for the creation of new parks came into force. Therefore new parks next to the Swiss Nationalpark , which exists now for almost 100 years, were created.
Next to the wildness park Zürich-Sihlwald , which won acceptance as a nature discovery park, the UNESCO biosphere reserve Entlebuch and Val Müstair and as well the region Thal were accepted.
The following eight parks will start their operational phase fort the next 10 years:
• Landschaftspark Binntal VS,
• Parc régional Chasseral BE/NE,
• Naturpark Diemtigtal BE,
• Parc Ela GR,
• Naturpark Gantrisch BE/FR,
• Parc naturel régional Gruyère Pays-d’Enhaut VD/FR,
• Jurapark Aargau AG,
• Naturpark Thunersee-Hohgant BE (on condition that the municipalities accept the project).
Further information, you can find in the press release (in German, French and Italian) of the Swiss Parks Network .
or in the link: http://www.bafu.admin.ch/
Contact: Andreas Weissen, general manager of the Swiss Parks Network. Tel. 0041 79 549 92 41
source: Swiss Parks Network